Even nonetheless Apple’s Pages app is a flattering plain word estimate tool, a lot of Mac users still adore to operate Microsoft Word. If you’re a single of them, that’s cool, we won’t decider you. The greatest complaint with regulating Word upon a latest MacBook Pro with Retina arrangement is which it looks flattering nauseous since it hasn’t been updated to take value of a Retina arrangement yet.
The good headlines for Word fans is there’s a unequivocally easy work around which will force your Microsoft Word app to operate your MacBook Pro’s Retina display, which creates a app demeanour a lot better. All we got to do is follow these discerning stairs as good as you’ll be upon a trail to some-more Retina goodness.
- Backup Word.
- Go to Applications printed matter around Finder, right click upon Word, name “copy”
- Paste upon your desktop
- Rename a Word upon your Desktop to something.
- Move your duplicate with latest name from a Desktop behind in to your Office Folder
- Right Click upon strange Word as good as name “Show Package Contents”
- Double Click Contents
- Right click upon “Info.plist” as good as name “Open With >> TextEdit.app”
- Scroll down to a bottom of a File
- Paste a following prior to a final dual lines <key>NSHighResolutionCapable</key> <string>True</string>
- Save a record as good as give up TextEdit
- Go behind to your Office Folder as good as duplicate a strange Word app again
- Paste it to your desktop again
- Trash a strange Word app in your Office folder
- Move Word from your Desktop behind in to Office Folder
- Right click Word app, go to Get Info. Notice which “Open in Low Resolution” is no longer checked
- Open up Word
- Type something. Anything. Everything
- Minimize Word as good as a move it behind up
- Text should right away be Retina
- Hit a ^ in a tip right dilemma to Hide/Unhide toolbar as good as superfluous glitches will be fixed
BOOM! Your shade demeanour so pleasing now. Anyone adventurous sufficient to see if this pretence will work with alternative apps as well? Let us know what we find.
- Source Reddit